A great way to organise, recognise and interact with different segments of your audience is by using Twitter lists. If you follow more than a few hundred people on Twitter, you might want to categorise those you follow into more easily digestible chunks. In Australia, there are more than 2.9 million Twitter accounts, so chances are you’re seeing a lot of content you may not want to read.
Twitter lists organise Twitter handle into separate groups that you choose. For example, you can create lists of influencers in your industry. They enable you to read and interact with tweets based on the various categories, which removes tweets you don’t want to read right now. But how do you create a twitter list? Simply follow these steps:
- Go to your Twitter avatar and click Lists
- Click on Create List
- Name your Twitter List and Add a Description, set the Privacy and then Save
- Search for people to add on your list
- Check the box of the Twitter list and the person has been added
- Go to your profile and click on “Lists” tab to view your list
Now that you know how to create your Twitter lists, let’s know how some ways you can use them in your business.
- Twitter lists can help you monitor your competitors. You can keep your competitors Twitter accounts on one list so that you can monitor what content they are producing, and how they are marketing their business
- Having a Twitter list is a smart way if you want to engage with media and popular bloggers. One way or another, you have a business and of course, you want to be known and be noticed.
- Twitter lists also strengthen your relationship with your customers. Why not create a VIP list of all your clients, where you can easily nurture you relationship with them.
- It can also give way in engaging with your employees.
- Having a Twitter list can also develop resources for your potential clients. You can create a list that includes opportunities and helpful ideas for your target audience.
Australian businesses also use Twitter in order to reach their target customers. Even the large corporation like Telstra uses Twitter alongside with small businesses like local cafes.
Twitter lists are a great way for you to keep your prospect clients organised. It can open up a whole new world of networking and engagement. Social media is about building and engaging communities and by creating a Twitter list, you build a community of people with the same interests and likes.