If you are setting up, or refreshing your social media channels, it’s important to have the right size images. Below are the five main social media channels and the images sizes you need for each one. In this post we cover the main profile images for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Youtube. We will look at post and advertising image sizes in a future post.
For your Facebook page, there are two key images you need – a profile picture (the square image below) and a cover image (the rectangle image)
- Profile picture – 180 x 180
- Cover image – 820 x 312
For your Twitter profile, there are two key images to update – your profile picture and header photo.
- Profile picture – 400 x 400
- Header photo – 1,500 x 500
With your Instagram profile, there is one image, which is your profile picture. The size you need is 110 x 110. It’s quite small, so make best use of this limited space.
The LinkedIn platform has gone though many changes, including to the way personal profiles and company pages are displayed.
Sizes for personal profile images
- Personal profile image – 400 x 400
- Personal background image – 1,584 x 396
Sizes for LinkedIn company pages
- Company logo image – 300 x 300
- Square logo (shows up when your company is searched) – 60 x 60
- Company cover image – 1,536 x 768
If you have a Youtube channel (and if you run a business, and use video, then you should have one), the two images you need are the channel profile image and the channel cover photo.
- Channel profile image – 800 x 800
- Channel cover image – 2,560 x 1,440