When was the last time you looked at, or changed up your Facebook cover photo. Your Facebook page cover photo is an important piece of real estate, and can help promote your organisation.
In the last Sensis Social media report (in 2018), they noted that “64 per cent of consumers are more likely to trust a brand if interacts positively on social media”. So this is an opportunity to connect.
On of my favourite features, is using a video in your cover photo. If you already have a video that you use to promote your brand, start with uploading that and measure the watch time and engagement. Leave it for a month, then replace with another video and measure how well it performs.
For Facebook pages we look after, video does play a role in generating brand awareness and warmth.
Want some ideas about what to include in your video? Think about using one of these:
- Your product in action – If your business sells physical products, especially if it is something new or something that could use a bit of demonstration, your business Facebook cover video could be a great opportunity for you to show it in action.
- Team Introduction Your cover video can also be a great way for you to show the faces behind your business. Showcase you and your team members by giving them some face time and maybe even show a bit of your working environment.
- Location Tour – People love seeing behind the scenes content, and does grab more attention.
- Animated Logo – Give your brand a little pizzazz by giving some colour and movement to your logo!
- Explanation of Services – Give a brief background of your business offers, and your video covers can call attention to those services without overwhelming your audience.
- Moving Portfolio – Video gives you a better opportunity to showcase more of your work. Don’t just tell people how good you are, show them!
Will you use a video in your Facebook cover area? And if you have, did it bring more awareness to your brand?